In this case before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Partner Dave Scher represented a former director at the NTSB in a case brought under the Equal Pay Act, 29 U.S.C. § 206(d), and the Fair Labor Standards Act, 29 U.S.C. § 215(a)(3). Mr. Scher demonstrated that the government acted willfully and in bad faith when it paid his client less than her male comparators. The court entered a judgment for more than $466,000 including liquidated damages plus attorney’s fees and costs.
Focused On Employment, Whistleblower And Business Law
- Do small businesses need in-house legal counsel?
- Retaliation Protection for Employees Disclosing COVID-19 Fraud
- Hoyer Law Group Takes a Stand Against VA’s Futile Accommodation Efforts
- How Do I File a Claim of Employment Discrimination?
- What small business owners should know about corporate governance