In this case before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Partner Dave Scher represented a former director at the NTSB in a case brought under the Equal Pay Act, 29 U.S.C. § 206(d), and the Fair Labor Standards Act, 29 U.S.C. § 215(a)(3). Mr. Scher demonstrated that the government acted willfully and in bad faith when it paid his client less than her male comparators. The court entered a judgment for more than $466,000 including liquidated damages plus attorney’s fees and costs.
Focused On Employment, Whistleblower And Business Law
- Your rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Court of Appeals Suspends OSHA’s Vaccine Mandate
- SEC Releases Significant Whistleblower Report for Fiscal Year 2021
- What you need to show to prove racial discrimination in employment
- HR mistakes that small and medium-sized business owners often make