Sean Estes is a founding member of Hoyer Law Group, PLLC. Sean works out of the firm’s Tampa, Florida office where he serves as managing partner.
Sean comes to the Hoyer Law Group from James Hoyer, P.A., where he litigated a wide array for employment cases, whistleblower matters, and class actions for more than a decade. He is a Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of employment law, a distinction given to only the top 2.5% of attorneys under 40 in Florida.
Sean helped represent one of the largest consumer class actions ever, involving more than 200 million individuals and a settlement that changed the way data aggregators use and disclose information protected by the Drivers Privacy Protection Act. He was also appointed Class Counsel in class actions that resulted in a settlement of more than $4 million for victims of payday loan rollover schemes. Sean was also a key part of the legal team handling a whistleblower retaliation case, which resulted in a verdict in favor of his client after a two-week trial against one of the nation’s largest financial institutions.
Sean is a “Double-Gator” having graduated cum laude with majors in Economics and Political Science from the University of Florida (B.A., 2005) and cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., 2008). While cheering the Gator football and basketball teams on to four national championships, Sean interned for the Honorable Peter K. Sieg of the Eighth Judicial Circuit and the Office of the State Attorney in Levy County.
Since 2010, he has been a member of the Ferguson-White Inn of Court, an organization dedicated to fostering ethics and integrity in the legal profession. Sean has given accredited CLE courses on the ethics of cloud computing and has also spoken to groups of lawyers and investigators on related ethical issues.
In his leisure time, Sean chases around his two children while rooting on all Tampa sports teams and obsessing over fantasy football lineup decisions. He has also completed 3 marathons and numerous Ragnar relays.
Sean is licensed to practice in Florida state and federal courts, and the Western District of Wisconsin.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics
- Major: Political Science
- Employment Law
- Whistleblower Litigation
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2018
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2018
- James A. Hoyer, P.A., Partner, 2008 to 2019
Fraternities or Sororities
- Delta Tau Delta
- Phi Beta Kappa
Classes & Seminars
- Cloud Computing Ethics, New York Bar Association, 2013
- Eddie Suarez
- Anthony Franco
- Gus Centrone
- Michael Ehren
- Ferguson-White American Inn of Court, Barrister, 2010 to Present
- United States ex rel. Albright v. Regency, Inc., et al., 8:19-cv-686 , M.D. Fla.
- United States of America, et al. v. SAVN Administrative Services, Inc., et al., 2:16-cv-622-SPC-MRM , M.D. Fla.
- United States ex rel. Jeffrey Hawk v. CWD Holdings, LLC, et al., 17-12225 , E.D. MI
- United States ex rel. Boyce v. Ed4Mil, LLC and Caldwell College, Inc., 17-cv-12597 , D. N.J.
- Sayers v. Dep't of Veterans Affairs, 954 F.3d 1370 , 2020, Fed. Cir.